Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Flaws You Expect with a Tragic Hero

Back in 2015, I did a miniseries called A Drama with Comedy Ending in Tragedy. In the third part of the miniseries, I mentioned that I would come back to talk some more about the elements of tragedy. And this is the revisit to that topic. Now as I stated before in my previous mini-series, I'm coming from the viewpoint of a writer. That means I won't really be looking at the topics from there theater origins. The reasoning for this is because the mini-series do take more effort to produce than the writing prompts. (Which requires you to vote on.) This series will also be done in three parts.
They are:
  • Life's Full of Expectations
  • The Worse Flaw is a Tragic Flaw!
  • A Great Hero is Destine to Suffer.

The conversation will contain how these elements that affect a tragic story: a rant about character development, and the emotions you want the reader to feel while reading the story. There's also going to be a brief history of a traditional tragic hero and a modern tragic hero. My personal feelings on how a hero should fall from grace. I also want to talk about how the ending of the story affects the author and the reader. Naturally, I don't want the conversation to get too dark because this blog isn't about heavy subjects but I have a strong feeling about the topic and it requires me to be serious. That doesn't mean we can't have fun with this little chat.

This is the end of the introduction to the next mini-series. Bye!