Friday, September 25, 2015

So, I can't Drive

Back in April 2013 I was sitting  in my first class of the day. Naturally I was a little angel that did nothing wrong. When a blinding pain hit my head and my vision became as if someone forced puzzle pieces to fit in the incorrect place. After being told that I wasn't going blind, even though I already knew that I just couldn't see correctly, I went to the nurse office and was sent home.

So skipping over some boring stuff like the Urgent Care visits my mom took me to the ER. Now while I know it's not nice to sass the doctor, but it was so late at night and I was hungry.  To be fair the doctor did sass me back. So I got a scan of my brain and the doctor told me I had a stroke. Like a normal person I cried, very hard and I had to hold my mom who was also crying at the time. So I stayed holed up in the hospital for four days (it felt longer). Naturally when my family found out they all suffered different levels of freaking out.

Skipping other details that are not needed for the story I started getting dizzy spells at first once or twice a week. Then they started to increase to the point that I have at least one spell daily. It can happen while I'm laying down, sitting up, or standing. My reaction to what is happening around me slows down greatly while I go through one. My fear is that if I'm driving I won't be able to react fast enough if I'm behind the wheel.

And that's why I don't drive at least right now.