Wednesday, September 20, 2023

A Gift From Auntie?

    On a late afternoon, the doorbell rings, and outside lays a present. It'll be Jessie's fourteenth birthday tomorrow. So, no one was surprised. Taking the gift from their mother, Jessie heads towards their room. Sitting atop their bed, Jessie plucks the birthday card off their present. Opening the card, Jessie read it aloud.

"Happy Birthday, Jessie! I know it's been years since I've seen you. It's unlikely I'll ever see you again, but I wanted to send you one last gift. Enjoy!"

Putting the strange card aside, Jessie opens their gift. Inside lies a book full of annotated sticky notes. END.

    Sorry for the late update; I've been dealing with writer's block and haven't been inspired to write. If you want to support my writing, go to my Patreon and buy my poetry book.