Monday, August 22, 2022

Enter Hippolyta Blackout Poem

Act I Scene I

HIPPOLYTA

Four days will quickly steep themselves in night;                 

Four nights will quickly dream away the time;                      

And then the moon, like to a silver bow                                 

New bent in heaven, shall behold the night                            

Of our solemnities.                                                                  

 

Act IV Scene I

HIPPOLYTA

I was with Hercules and Cadmus once,                                  

When in a wood of Crete they bay'd the bear                         

With hounds of Sparta. Never did I hear                                

Such gallant chiding; for besides the groves,                         

The skies, the fountains, every region near                            

Seem all one mutual cry. I never heard                                  

So musical a discord, such sweet thunder.