Saturday, January 15, 2022

Patreon Request 20: New Year Bell

For January, there will be two posts instead of one since it'll also be my birthday soon. If you would like to support me and my writing, become a patron of my Patreon. You can also buy my poetry book, "Living Day by Day: A Collection of Poems" as a birthday gift to me!

    In the old part of the overgrown graveyard, a wailing bell rings. The autumn wind howls along with the blaring sound. A dull thud, thud, thud, is heard from where the ringing bell is. The restless body of Jemima May is desperate to get out. She "died" at 15 in 1912. At the death of the previous year Jemima May, reminds everyone she's still alive. But the public turns a blind eye.

"It's just the wind."

"A storm is coming in."

The screams from the overgrown graveyard drowns these words out. The wailing grave bell welcomes the New Year again. END.