Sunday, January 20, 2019

The Miracle of being able to make "Living Day By Day: A Collection of Poems"

Back when I was in high school I attempted to publish a poetry book but I wasn't ready. There were a few poems that stood out, but the rest were weak. At least to me, I was not at the level of skill I wanted to be when I became an author. That's why back in 2015, I started a blog. I wanted to commit to bettering my skills as a writer. It was tough and I had to constantly push myself to keep posting on it with my writings. I must keep going and spend time writing. The hardest bit of having a blog is that I didn't have the resources to spend time writing.

I had to accept that my progress in writing will be slower than if I could spend more time doing what I love. I also had to move around when I update my blog because of college and everyday life stuff. It wasn't easy getting this book done. I hadn't been able to plan it out in one sitting or learned marketing, pricing, and how many pieces I needed to make a poetry book.  There are books and classes on these subject but without the money to acquire these resources, I can't use. It was a struggle and I'm fully happy with how my first attempt at publishing gone. I'm proud of the final product but I wished I was able to make the process go perfectly. The title wasn't even thought out until late in the writing process because I put most of my focus on writing poetry.

As I've grown as a writer, I have needed to do research and putting aside time to develop characters, places, as well as outlining the story. This is why I started a Patreon. It is a way to have a source of income to support myself. To get involved with other writers, take classes, and create other books I need money.  It took me longer than I wanted to make this poem book real. If I had more patrons on Patreon, I would have been able to dedicate more time and energy to my book. On top of wanting to create another poetry book, I want to publish a book full of short stories. But I haven't been able to move forward with creating my short storybook because I don't have the funds to do so. That's why I'm asking if you can please become a $1 Patreon patron. Doing so will allow me to have a means of supporting myself and becoming a better writer. It will also mean more written work for my blog.

Patreon, Living Day By Day Kindle, Living Day By Day print