Friday, December 29, 2017

When Titans Are Mortal

I was a child
You weren’t.
You were so much bigger than me.
I was sure you were a titan.
You could do anything.
I wanted to be strong like you.
You took care of me.
The respect that those around you had is amazing.
You are great.
But time is greater.
I’ve grown up.
I still felt small.
Naïve, in front of you.
But like me, you changed.
Time made you age.
Your sense of self was still intact.
But one day it was gone.
I became scared.
You weren’t the same anymore.
You became mortal.
A part of me can’t handle it.
You are amazing and yet time did not spare you.
I feel foolish.
Because I knew it wouldn’t.
You’re human.
Even with this change,
You’re still a titan.
I still inspire to be like you.
I want to be strong like you.
Because I love you.
That won’t change.