Sunday, June 26, 2016

Last Time Sky Gazing

If you would like to support my writing, become a patron of my Patreon.

I lay back among the dried red mud and faded green grass. Other bodies are littering the Earth along with mine. Who they are I can't remember. But my body temperature is steadily lowering. I can't bring myself to care. I have become deaf in both my ears. How that happened I don't even remember. I do know it's true because I can only pinpoint what is happening around me through vibrations that come through the ground.

I have no idea how long that's going to last since I'm starting to lose my sense of touch. Too bad my nose still works pretty well. I can smell blood, dirt, and gun smoke which smells as lovely as it sounds. I can only move my mouth a few centimeters, so speaking is out of the question. While I'm thinking about it, my mouth tastes like bad breath and blood. I think I bit my cheek. At least I hope I did.

The only peaceful thing about the chaos going on around me is the sky. It's clear, blue, and vast. It cares not that I no longer have feelings in all four of my limbs. Or who will win this conflict? The sky is just hollow and soulless. It doesn't even shed a tear for those who have fallen beneath it. I can't say I blame it. Who would cry for those that fight a battle that they themselves don't even believe in?

The sky truly is beautiful and cruel. However, it is the only company I have since all those who are around me are a bit busy at the moment. So it's just the sky, my thoughts, and I. At least until my body freezes over. That doesn't seem to be too long from now, I can barely feel my face now. Not that it matters to the sky. It's still cloudless and blue just like it was hours ago. Or I think it was hours ago I can't tell.

I wish white clouds did litter the sky. Then I could look for pictures. Alas, that is not the case. The sky is just a boring blue and thinking is becoming too hard to do. I think it is the end of me. I think I've been a decent person my whole life. I would ask the sky but I doubt the sky will respond. For what it's worth today is a nice day to...